Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Alligator Is My Friend...

This post is a very special one to me and takes me back to some wonderful memories. I worked at a camp here locally called Camp Widijiwagan where I taught tennis and was a camp counselor for one summer during college. I loved it! It was actually the first time Josh, my husband, and I worked together. Every morning, we would sign songs and get ready for the day. One of the songs was called "The Alligator Is My Friend." As the summer went on, the camp leader would dedicate the song to me because my camp nickname was Alie. Get it...Alliegator...I loved it.

The song goes...
The alligator is my friend...
And she can be your friend too...
I would rather have her has my friend...
Then wear her on my shoe...
(then you would make your hands like an alligator mouth and go...)

Alll--iiii-ggg-aaaa-ttttt--ooo0-rrr

The camp leader was named Merle. I loved him. He made "work" fun for everyone! So this shirt is named after my friend Merle.

This sweet shirt is for Alex, owner of Alex the Monkey. His mom, Angie, contacted me and said that he would love an alligator shirt...Could I do one? Of course! He is going to look so adorable in this. I started with yummy blue shirt and added some adorable Amy Butler dot fabric for the alligator and coordinating orange dots for the bird on the back.

Angie, I hope you and Alex love his new shirt! Thanks for your order! I hope to make more for Mr. Alex soon!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

This shirt is adorable! You're so crafty. Great memory of camp. Thanks for sharing your song. I think we need a video of you and Josh singing the Alligator song posted on here to fully participate in the memory. Let's hear it!!